I want to Re-Introduce myself to you all! I know it’s been a minute or two, but I’m back and here to stay.
Let me start by saying welcome back to those who have followed me in the past, it is much appreciated. A very warm welcome to anyone who is just getting to know me. For some of you the next paragraph may be old news, you may know a bit of my history and where I’ve been/what I’ve done. If so, feel free to skip down to the exciting part about where I’m headed, and what I’ll be sharing along the way. If you don’t know me, I’d love to share with you a little of who I am….
A little about me and my experience
I was born & raised in a rural Vermont town, spent 4 years active duty in the Marine Corps, spent years trying to follow the traditional path in life, and in 2016 quit my job to life more adventurously. Since January 2016 I have traveled near and far, hiked thousands of miles, and have spent time living nomadically in my campervan. Here are some of the highlights of my experience:
- Traveled around New Zealand (Ran a Trail Marathon while there)
- 80 mile backpacking trip in Idaho’s Sawtooth’s in June (Was still so much snow)
- Converted a Ford Explorer into a Car Camper
- Travelled to Nepal & Trekked to Everest Base Camp
- In 2017 I Thru-Hiked the Continental Divide Trail (2,800+ miles)
- In 2019 I travelled the U.S. in my Campervan and Completed 45 State High Points
- I have climbed numerous 14ers in Colorado
- Successfully reached the Summits of Mt. Hood & Mt. Rainer
- Travelled to Alaska to Photograph Wildlife
A Modern Nomadic Life
Now that you know a little about what I’m all about, let me share what I hope to do moving into the future. My main goal is to share with you my concept of a “Modern Nomadic Life”. This concept encompasses a ton, but the overarching philosophy is the same. I believe that for a lot of us out there, especially now, with how Covid has changed things, wish to live a different version of the “American Dream”. My mission is to share the knowledge I’ve gathered to help you achieve just that, no matter what that looks like to you. Whether you’re looking to Thru Hike, get into Van Life, climb peaks, get into photography, or travel the world. Anything, big or small, you’ll be able to find helpful information here.
What’s to come
In the months to come you should get excited about seeing more and more of the following…
- Blog posts with loads of helpful FREE information.
- More of my favorite images that I’ve taken.
- Helpful Guides on how I plan Hikes & Climbs.
- A comprehensive FREE resources page
- Content on my Vermont 35ers Project
To wrap things up and start getting into the good stuff, I just want to say I’m very glad you’re here and I’m looking forward to chatting! I want you all to feel at home here. Please, Please, Please! Ask questions, leave comments, email me anything anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org Feel free to message me on social media as well. I am @theboldnomad on both Instagram and Facebook.
I’d love to get your feedback. What are your thoughts on my “Modern Nomadic Lifestyle” philosophoy? I’ll be laying out more of my philosophy on this in future blog posts. Do you know someone who is looking to work remote, travel in a Van, wanting to do a thru hike, live a lifestyle of adventure? Forward this to them, have them reach out to me. Head over to my About page if you want to know more about me!
I don’t know about you, but the Stoke is High! Cheers!